Friday, November 28, 2008

Twilight... What the heck?

Okay... I haven't read the books, but my mom and sister dragged me to see the movie.  I really enjoyed it despite some super cheesy parts.  Now I am finding myself obsessed and wanting to read the books.  What the heck?  This is craziness.  I feel like every silly young girl in America does right now.  haha.

The love story is great.  I have felt those same feelings.  I remember when I really started loving Michael and wanted to be around him all of the time. (I was 19 or so.) I had literal heart burn for him every moment that we were not together... Over 2 years... I'm hardcore, I know.  I just really love my man and to quote my friend Amanda, "Sigh.  Everyday is Twilight for me."  Seriously.  And you know what's even cooler?  I get to be with my man FOREVER and he doesn't even need to bite me to make it that way.  The temple is the TRUTH and my love story is REAL.  I am grateful for the opportunity I had to be married in the temple.  Families can be together forever.  I'm glad that we both made good decisions growing up so that we could go to the temple.  I LOVE MICHAEL!

I guess I'm glad that Stephenie Meyer wrote stories that remind me of my love.  It's fun and it makes me feel 19 again... but I still get to be the almost 24 year-old me and enjoy the fruits of my marriage.  ;)

3 comments:

Missy said...

Very well said:) The book is so much better than the movie so I hope you get to read it.

Trevor said...

I listened to the 1st book on the way back from CO this summer I thought it was ok but very slow in the endless chapters of love story draging on. but if that what you like then you'll love it.

I thought the movie was good I felt they could of developed the others in the story more though

Malori and Jon Saline said...

Hi - It's Malori Saline from the ward - I found you through Laurie Evans' blog - I understand about Twilight - I read the books, and haven't seen the movie, but I got hooked very quickly!!