Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cobbler Gobbler

Haylee burned her thumb pretty bad today.  So I made dinner.  I made some quick tuna on toast, but that was only an appetizer.  The real dinner was dessert.  I decided to try my ol' Dutch Oven cobbler "recipe" in a pyrex cake pan.  Behold:

Peaches in a pan...  most of the syrup drained off.

Cheap cake mix and butter:
About an hour at 375 degrees (I think that the cake mix doesn't really start cooking until the remaining peach syrup boils, which is just before halfway through)
And the final result, served in a bowl.  (Check out our awesome pot-holders in the background!)
We didn't have ice cream, since that's one of those yummy things (like soda) that we don't bring into our house except for very special occasions.
So we ate it and it was yummy.  I think I could have added a dash of cinnamon on the top.  And I probably drained a tad too much syrup at the beginning, but it takes a few times before I'll be able to perfect the process outside of the dutch oven (in the pyrex, the moisture can escape).
So friends, that's why I rock.  I think I have magnified my breadwinner calling.


In other news, I watched both Rodeo Championship and Nascar on Sunday.  And now I'm watching CMA.  What the heck is wrong with me?
So there's a group called "Lady Antebellum" that performed for the CMA.  Those jerks stole the old band name.  Actually, we were just "Antebellum".  But still, that's totally a stolen name.  Here's proof.  2004!!!!!!  
This is just like when my friends and I made lego lightsabers in 8th grade about a year before the Star Wars lego sets came out.  Sometimes I feel like I'm on the Truman Show and the producers think it would be funny to steal my good ideas and see how long it takes me to realize that I've been copied.

Have y'all (uh-oh... Nascar/Rodeo/CMA) had great ideas that have been stolen to make someone rich?

1 comment:

Trevor said...

ya I still have that one and only cd somewhere. you all better get on that so I'll be worth something some day. You might even try making a video and put it on youtube to get the word out. :)