Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thoughts on Marriage

Today I was watching national news on ABC.  They talked a bit about the protests outside of the Los Angeles Temple.  I saw pictures online today that captured the moment as thousands of angry people brought their signs and graffiti to the fence around this special place.

There, on Santa Monica Boulevard, Haylee married me.

I thought I'd share a picture that reminds me why some things are worth fighting for.


In primary last week, Haylee was teaching the lesson about how Mormon was watching his people perish in wickedness.  They weren't fighting for the right reasons, only "their wives, and thier children, and their houses, and their homes" (Mormon 2:23)
Those are all valuable things.  But they didn't understand that the fight is for "our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children" (Alma 46:12).

They left out our God, religion, freedom, and peace.

To me, it sounds like they let the religion out of their marriages, replacing it with worldly property.

2 comments:

Missy said...

It's really sad and frustrating to hear about the protesters and how they are targeting LDS churches and Temples. I feel bad for anyone who was at the Temple that day and had to see that although it is a sign of the times.

***LIZ*** said...

What a beautiful picture! You guys are so cute! I miss primary, and seeing you guys all the time...