Monday, April 30, 2012

Fun Times in April

Preston started to really enjoy his bouncy chair at the end of April. I love it too because I can put him in it while I shower! YAY! On April 16th, Preston got his 4th tooth! (He got his 3rd on the 7th.) On the 17th I got him to copy me and say "Dada". He said it right after I took these pictures in his bouncer. I got it on video too, but I will spare you the 6 minutes of my crazy talking. Another first is holding a bottle. I started him with a sippy cup since he hasn't had a bottle since he was 2 months old, thinking that I could just skip the bottles. Well... it's a little easier for him to drink from a bottle at this point, so I give him some juice in the morning and let him go to town. It's nice that he is starting to do more things on his own! We do practice with the sippy cup too though. He can't drink from it on his own very well yet.
 Preston also started wiggling this week. It first started when he would be laying on the floor and wiggle back and forth like a snake. SOOOO RANDOM! We noticed that he occasionally does it if you sing him the ABC song or if he hears music or gets excited. He's his own man though, so he doesn't often do it when prompted. Preston only pleases himself! haha. He also started wiggling in the tub and when he's on his hands and knees. I think it is so adorable. Sometimes he will wiggle when he's in your arms and it cracks me up!
Toppling over his play mat ain't no thang. He's so strong now that he pretty much bulldozes anything in his path. He rolls around like mad and does some army crawling here and there, but he's not that fast yet (PHEW!). Preston also started to like looking at books. He used to try to eat them and that was it. Now he looks at the pictures and tries to pick things off the pages.
 This is the new entertainment center that we got from Ikea. Michael modified it to fit the space and then we had to figure out a way to put our tv on it since we couldn't mount it on the wall (unless we wanted it really off-center!). Michael has tons of skills. I think Preston has a hard time now that the tv is up higher. DJ Lance Rock is now so far away! I still need to get pictures in the frames. (It's now a month since I got them! Whoops.)
Speaking of Yo Gabba Gabba, in the episode titled "Robots" there is a man who pretends to be a robot. It really freaks Preston out. He gets all alarmed and sort of starts yelling at him and whining. Weird! Another fear is other babies! Preston hates babies because they are loud and fast and not gentle. Our friend Amanda who is 4 months older made him cry at church! It was the funniest thing ever. She didn't even touch him. I am such a mean mom, exposing my baby to babies!

No comments: