Friday, January 6, 2012

4 Months on December 8th



I put a Christmas stocking on his head. He loves it. For sure.

I am sooo behind. What's new? Preston turned 4 months old on the 8th of December. We had an eventful week prior to that. Preston had a really goopy eye so I made an appointment for the 1st with the doctor. Of course the goopy eye was gone the next day. HOORAY! They weighed him anyway, and he was 16.9 lbs! CRAZY! I also wrote down that I tickled his toes for the first time and got a giggle that day as well.

Looking serious after church

On the 5th, Preston took his first trip to the E.R. with mom and dad after I fell down the stairs carrying him. He was a little scared and started crying, but I cradled him and sacrificed my body to keep him safe! Luckily nothing was broken, but I am still feeling my back muscles and tailbone. OUCHIE. I feel so blessed it was not worse. This whole thing happened just a month after Michael sliced his finger open with a knife and had to get stitches. I think maybe we are both clumsy when sleep deprived...

Relaxing on the couch after getting home from the ER

The weekend after he turned 4 months, his Grandparents Reynolds moved from Mesa to Gilbert. We also had our ward Christmas party on the 10th and I sang "O Holy Night" in our ward the next day.

Starting to enjoy the bumbo chair

Monday the 12th, we went to see Santa Claus at Bass Pro Shop. It was suuuuper crowded and we were there for an hour and a half. Preston slept the whole time until 10 minutes before we saw Santa (OF COURSE!). He started to fuss but luckily we got a decent picture of him. Santa wasn’t very happy in the picture. Haha. It was a good time.

Not feeling it, obviously...

On the 13th was Preston's 4 month checkup. He had gained half a pound in 12 days! He broke 17 pounds. What a BIG BOY! Not so good for mommy's sore back. He got 4 shots that day and it was pretty rough for both of us. Preston cried and cried for at least 5 minutes. Pooy baby. At least this time I had given him tylenol beforehand so that he didn't get a fever and felt better afterwards. Also, PA Bill was worried about Preston's head shape and recommended that we make an appointment with a neurosurgeon to make sure the plates in his head hadn't fused too early. I made the appointment for the next Monday. (More on that later!) That night we went to YC's Mongolian Grill to celebrate my birthday since we didn't know if we'd be able to the next night.

Anticipating bathtime

On my birthday Michael had a Gilbert Public Policy Committee meeting after work and then had mutual that night. Luckily, his meeting let out earlier than expected and we were able to go out to dinner again at Buffalo Wild Wings. It was really yummy and we were glad to be able to go out twice that week.

Blurry, but the BEST cheesy grins from both of us.

Taken on my 27th birthday! I am so old!

It rained and rained all week long so we had to keep putting off getting a Christmas tree. I love having a real tree and we've had one every year except for the year we moved into our house (we moved in right before Christmas that year). Finally it was clear enough to get one on Friday the 16th. We tried for an hour to get it straight and got tired of trying, so it stayed crooked. Oh well! It was a beautiful tree. We decorated it the next day.

Well, that’s the first half of December for your reading pleasure! More to come, hopefully before next Christmas gets here! Yikes.

2 comments:

Cath said...

All of your pictures are missing. What they hey?! Your computer's fault or mine?

Haylee said...

I am trying to find a way to make uploading pictures easier. Obviously the way I tried didn't work! ha.