Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day Extravaganza... sort of.

We went to California this past weekend to take advantage of Michael's 4-day weekend.  It was a pretty good time.  I just wish I didn't live so far from my family.  The drive to my parents' house is so ugly... I think it makes the time pass slower.  haha.  I'm thankful Michael drove the whole way.  I kind of hate driving.

My grandparents were in town while we were there, so it was good to see them too. 

My sister monopolized the weekend with all of her high school events.  Friday night was the annual Wm. S. Hart High School Show Choir Spring Concert.  It was horrible!  Were my concerts that bad?  I think maybe they were.  It was sooooo long too.  Nearly 3  hours.  I really tried to be impressed, but it didn't work.  

Then Stephanie had prom the next night.  My mom and I ran around town running errands because Stephanie hadn't finalized her prom look.  We had to schedule a nail appointment and buy nailpolish, earrings, and hairclips.  That girl is crazy!  

Sunday we went to church.  It's always funny to go home after getting married and moving out.  A lot of people are interested in what you are doing and there are also a lot of people at church who are new and have no idea who you are.  It makes for some good times.

Monday we saw the new Star Trek movie with my parents and sister.  It was a great movie.  After the movie, we started on our way home.  There wasn't ANY traffic.  It was great.  We left at 2 p.m.  and got home around 8:30 after stopping for dinner, stopping for gas, and going to Dairy Queen here in Gilbert.  Awesome!

The quote of the weekend was from my exhausted sister after 3 nights of choir concerts, a procrastinated school project, and getting ready for prom.  "The good times are killing me!"  haha.

No comments: