Thursday, January 15, 2009

Blogging... What a let down!

okay... So it's been 5 days since my post.  No comments.

Haylee told me that most people wouldn't really understand what is in that image from the last post.  For those who aren't aware, it would be the crowning event of the 1994 Maxis classic SimTower.  Only when your tower has 5 stars are you permitted to build a cathedral, and the cathedral can only be built on the 100th floor.  I built a superwide tower up to level 45, then I built an elevator spire to the 100th floor for my cathedral.  That single cathedral is the fruit of hours and hours of effort.

But I understand that not everybody can appreciate my nunchucks skills, so there is no offense taken by all y'all's apparent lack of excitement.

However, I want my footprint on the blogosphere to be at least enjoyable for those who spend time looking at it.  Therefore, I have done some research to see why blogs of some are more popular than blogs of others.  I have come to the conclusion that I lack the childhood cuteness that typically interests people of the Mormon persuasion, which is a healthy chunk of our modest readership.

But we're not having a baby now, nor are we trying to.  Therefore, I am forced to share my very own childhood cuteness in efforts to entice readership.  My mother gave us boxes of stuff that mothers usually keep, and I found these, from kindergarten.  This first picture is of my lovely sister Miriam.  She was born in 1991, the year this picture was drawn, and it still looks just like her!

To properly understand this next poem, you must understand that I have inherited allergies from my mother's father and a genetic kitten-hatred from my own father.


Now, feel free to comment to tell me how you wish that your kids grow up to be as cute as me.

5 comments:

Trevor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trevor said...

ya sorry mikey I didn't really get the last pic. you were right. but look I messed my first comment so now you have 2. :)

Shellee said...

I got it, only because I have 2 kids that have been there and one that will be there in a few yrs.
As long as my kids end up with Haylee and your sense of humor, they will be fine.

Missy said...

I also don't know anything about anyone named Sim or his tower. Thanks for sharing your childhood poem and drawings, they are very cute:)

***LIZ*** said...

I never did the sim thing, but now that you have explained it, I am very impressed.... I also have an strong adversion to cats, due also to allergies(my dad's). But our Michael told me a few days ago that he wants to trade all four of our dogs in for one cat.... where did that come from.