Sunday, May 27, 2012

In the Merry Month of May

May was very merry because of all of the sleep we were getting around here. Love it! This kid sleeps 12 hours with one waking to eat around 3 a.m. I have been waiting his whole life to get this kind of sleep! Some fun things that happened in the middle of May:

Preston had his first cheese and absolutely loved it. I will put an assortment of food in front of him and he will pick out all of the cheese chunks first. It's pretty hilarious. Definitely takes after his daddy with the cheese-loving.
Preston sat up for the first time all by himself on Mothers Day while were we having dinner at Gma and Gpa Reynolds' house. Happy Mothers Day to me! I didn't get any pictures with my son on my first Mothers Day. How lame is that? I feel really stupid. It wasn't that great of a day anyway, so oh well!
We did a lot of swimming in May. It was awesome. Too bad Daddy isn't much of a fan!
Preston LOVES his monster truck from Gpa Preston. He loves anything with wheels. He will flick and roll the wheels over and over again. Pretty cute! I think my dad is thrilled that he likes trucks and cars so much.
Preston pretty much always gives me a cheesy grin when I pull out my camera nowadays. He's hilarious. He also started to sit-up full time around the middle of the month.
We attended uncle Malachi's high school graduation on May 24th. Preston was up until 10 p.m. He was soooo good, but we had had it by the end of the ceremony. It was really windy and the speakers were deafening. We couldn't stay to take pictures afterward. Congratulations Malachi!
We started hitting up the splash pad at Espee Park a lot. Preston loves to sit in the middle of everything and get splashed a little. He's so cute in his swimsuit. On May 25th, we were met by Max, Malachi, Gpa Pam and Gpa Trent at the splash pad. Preston did some swinging as well!
Preston is a pro at saying "dada" but we haven't gotten a "mama" out of him yet. He screeches and squeals and gives everyone a huge grin. Then he starts wiggling and shaking his head. That's pretty much his reaction to anything new and exciting. He also "dances" to music. His love for Yo Gabba Gabba is infinite. We watch the first 2 seasons on Netflix over and over. I have every song memorized! 

Preston loves music. He likes to sit in his high chair while I perform various songs and arias for him in foreign languages. It's fun to have an audience!

Michael and I spoke in church on May 27th. That was crazy because I had to leave sacrament meeting like right after I spoke because Preston was cranky. He usually only makes it until 9:15 or so. (Did I mention that church starts at 8:30? YUCK!) He usually takes a 20-30 minute nap in the mothers lounge while I nurse him. 

We are still nursing regularly. In the morning when he wakes up, before each of his two naps, before bed time, and once when he wakes up at 3:00 a.m. I have never had to buy formula! Hooray!

Love, love, love my big little man!


No comments: