Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Traffic.

I decided to take the freeway home today. I would get on the 202 at Center and get off at McClintock. That is around... meh... 2 miles. I get off work at 4pm, so traffic is usually pretty good, but I hardly ever take the freeway because it's too unpredictable.

Today: Case in point.
During my short 2 mile drive, there were THREE accidents. That's right. Count 'em.

1. (haha.. dumb guy in smart car!)
2.
3.

I could hardly believe it. I knew something was up when I was passing the first accident and didn't see the traffic let up. So I pulled out my blackberry and tried to take pictures to share this craziness with all two of my readers while staying out of the accident tally myself. I realize that the traffic doesn't properly capture the pure essence of the traffic situation, but trust me, it was frustratingly bad.

Usually, taking surface streets, I get off work at 4, exit the parking lot around 4:05, and get home around 4:20.

Today, I got off work at 4, but I was at another building across the street for a meeting. So my car was closer. I got out of the parking lot BEFORE 4:05 and didn't get home until around 4:35. Which cut 15 minutes out of my Rock Band time. Go ahead. Ask me if I'll be taking the freeway again. 15 extra minutes for TWO MILES!

Civilization is okay.... Sometimes I kinda wish I lived in the forest with a windmill, solar panels, a fireplace, and thousands of acres as a buffer between those who I want to be with and... well... the incivility of civilization. I think civilization is the new ironic word of the day. What's civil about it?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shellee said...

Haha, 15 minutes of your Rockband time? I'm surprised that with the pictures that you took, you didn't become the 4th accident!
Then it would have been "smart guy in the dumb car!" right?